Disclaimer: Digital currencies (also known as cryptocurrency or virtual currency, and including, but not limited to Bitcoin, Ether, Ripple, Litecoin) do not have inherent or underlying value. The purchase or sale of digital currency involves risk and can result in partial or complete loss of money and/or digital currency due to price fluctuations.
Please see Additional Disclaimers for other important terms relating to your use of the Services.
The Service. The CCM service allows users to purchase virtual currencies such as bitcoin through the Website using one of the payment methods listed below in our payments section (the “Service“)
User Acknowledgement. By using the Website, you agree and acknowledge that:
- The purchase and sale of any digital currency is inherently risky. Digital currencies are subject to constant price fluctuations and trading in digital currencies may result in partial or complete loss of funds. In using our Services you agree to assume all risk associated with the purchase, sale, trade or exchange of digital currencies and you will not hold CCM. liable for the loss of any funds, either fiat or digital, incurred as a result of using our Services;
- Bitcoin and other digital currencies are not currently considered legal currency, assets or property at law;
- CCM is not a bank, credit union, trust, or any other kind of financial institution. It is not a deposit taking institution and does not accept deposits from Users, we merely provide a platform through which Users can purchase digital currencies.
- CCM uses CryptoCompare to determine Bitcoin price quote. We do not set the exchange rate or purchase price for the digital currencies that can be purchased on the Website. Rates are determined by many factors, including but not limited to market demand, and users acknowledge that prices for digital currencies fluctuate on a daily basis.
- CCM does not provide securities, investment contracts, or any other document or financial instrument considered at law to be a “security”, and the services we provide do not constitute trading, purchase, sale or exchange in securities, investment contracts or any other document or financial instrument considered to be a “security” at law.
Eligibility. In order to use the Website and/or Services you must be at least eighteen (18) years old, and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and residing in Canada at the time you are making purchases through the Website. Youare require an account in order to use the Services, and in order to make purchases on the Website, you must have a valid pre-paid, non-reloadable credit card issued by a Canadian financial services company, a mobile/digital wallet where we can send your bitcoin, and finally, a valid Canadian cell phone number registered with a major Canadian carrier, which we require in order to authenticate the transaction.
Updates to Profile. CCM reserves the right to request proof of identification and/or other evidence before updating a User’s profile information.
- A Pre-paid credit card issued by financial services provider in Canada
- Interac online which allows you to pay directly from your bank account; or
- Interac E-Transfer or Interac Email Money Transfers
Payments. You may only purchase Bitcoin on the Website using one of the following CCM approved methods of payment:
Transactions Limits. CCM imposes certain limits on the transactions you can processes at any given time, in order to protect our Users. For more information on the transaction limits, please see our FAQ.
Authentication. When you purchase coins on the Website, you will be required to submit your email address, mobile wallet address, and your cell phone number. Before we process each transaction, we will send a text message with a pin number to your cell phone in order to authenticate the transaction. This allows us to verify that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth above, and you hereby authorize us to perform such authentications and verifications in order to process your transactions. We will only accept purchases from individuals who have a cell phone number with a major Canadian cellphone carrier. If you feel you have been improperly denied, you may provide us with a scanned copy of your phone bill and a piece of government issued identification, and, if approved, will validate your transaction and add your carrier to our list of approved cellphone carriers. We reserve the right to refuse to process any transaction at any time, if in our sole discretion, if we believe you are or may use the Services for any criminal or illegal activities. In the event that a User fails the initial authentication process, CCM reserves the right to request proof of identification, including photo ID and/or other evidence in order to authenticate a User.
Exchange rate. When you make a purchase, we will convert your money into your chosen coin and deposit your purchased coin into your mobile wallet. We use the most current rates available on on our website to determine how much coin you will receive at the time of your transaction.
Service Fees. In consideration for providing the Services, CCM charges a Service fee. The amount of the service fee we apply varies depending on a number of factors.
No Refunds. It is not CCM policy to provide refunds for any coin purchased on the Website. You hereby understand and agree that when you purchase any bitcoin or other digital currency on the Website, the transaction is final, and non-refundable.
Promotions. From time to time, CCM may offer promotions or discounts on the Website. These promotions are offered in our sole discretion, and we may initiate or terminate a promotion at any time for any reason without notice.
Content. All information, data, text, software, messages or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted to the Website Users (“User Content“), is the sole responsibility of such Users. This means that the User, and not CCM, are entirely responsible for all such material uploaded, posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by using the Service. CCM does not control or actively monitor User Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Under no circumstances will CCM be liable in any way for any materials, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any materials or any defects or errors in any printing or manufacturing, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the viewing or use of any materials posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
In using the Website and/or Service, You shall not:
- Use the Website and/or Services in violation of the terms of this Agreement, including in violation of the eligibility requirements;
- Use the Website and/or Services for any illegal, criminal and/or fraudulent purpose;
- copy any content unless expressly permitted to do so herein;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable, encourages criminal behavior, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise objectionable;
- You do not have a right to make available under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party (including privacy rights);
- is or contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations for business, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or data or the Website or that of any users or viewers of the Website or that compromises a user’s privacy; or
- contains any falsehoods or misrepresentations or create an impression that You know is incorrect, misleading, or deceptive, or any material that could damage or harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity;
- interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users or viewers;
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Website;
- modify, translate, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any software provided as part of the Website, except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; or
- register for the Service on behalf of a group or corporate entity.
License of Content. By submitting, posting or displaying User Content on or through the Service, you grant us (and our agents) a non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, modify, transmit, display and distribute such User Content. CCM will not be responsible or liable for any use of User Content in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any User Content that you submit.
End User License. Except for User Content, this Website, and the information and materials that it contains, are the property of CCM and its licensors, and are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by copyright law, trademark law, and other intellectual property laws. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, CCM grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to (a) use the Website for your personal use (the “License“). Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use the CCM or CCM names, trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features without our prior written consent. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Website shall be subject to the terms of these Terms.
Feedback. If You provide CCM with any suggestions, comments or other feedback relating to any aspect of the Website and/or Service (“Feedback“), CCM may use such Feedback in the Website or in any other CCM products or services. Accordingly,
Links & Third-Party Websites. This Website may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by CCM . In no event shall any reference to any third party, third party product or service be construed as an approval or endorsement by CCM of that third party, third party product or service. CCM is also not responsible for the content of any linked websites. Any third-party websites or services accessed from the Website are subject to the terms and conditions of those websites and or services and You are responsible for determining those terms and conditions and complying with them. The presence on the Website of a link to any other website(s) does not imply that CCM endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such websites, and You hereby release CCM from all liability and/damages that may arise from Your use of such websites or receipt of services from any such websites.
DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS. THE WEBSITE, SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” CCM SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, BY USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM DOWNLOADING OR USING ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE PRICE OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY DIGITAL CURRENCY.
CCM DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, PROVIDE ANY CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS, OR ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR IN RESPECT TO ANY WEBSITE THAT CAN BE REACHED FROM A LINK ON THE WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING ON THE WEBSITE, AND CCM SHALL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION THAT YOU MAY ENTER INTO WITH ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY. CCM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF CONTENT EXCHANGED BY MEANS OF THE SERVICE.
NO DATA, INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED BY YOU IN ORAL OR WRITTEN FORM FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM OUR SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE OR APPS OR THROUGH THESE SERVICES IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. NOTHING ON OUR WEBSITE, APPS OR SERVICE CONSTITUTES, OR IS MEANT TO CONSTITUTE, ANY KIND OF ADVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LEGAL, INVESTMENT, TAX, ACCOUNTING OR FINANCIAL ADVICE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TRADING, STORING, DEALING, PURCHASING, SELLING AND OTHERWISE USING DIGITAL CURRENCIES COMES WITH INHERIT RISKS. IN REGISTERING FOR AN ACCOUNT AND USING OUR SERVICES YOU AGREE THAT CCM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU IN ANY WAY FOR CHANGES TO THE SERVICES OR AVAILABLILITY OF DIGITIAL CURRENCY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REGULATORY INTERVENTION BY A THIRD PARTY IN THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICE, OR THE UNDERLYING VALUE OF ANY VIRTUAL CURRENCY.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CCM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM (I) YOUR USE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, CCM APP OR THE SERVICE, (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES, (III) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES IN THE MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE, (IV) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR ANY OTHER FILES OR DATA THAT MAY BE HARMFUL TO COMPUTER OR COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT OR DATA THAT MAY HAVE BEEN TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR CCM APP, (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE; (VI) LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, FINES, FEES, PENALTIES. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY EVEN IF CCM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN,CCM ‘S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) FIFTY CANADIAN DOLLARS ($50) OR (B) AMOUNTS YOU’VE PAID CCM IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS (IF ANY)THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENSION PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
Availability & Updates. CCM may alter, suspend, or discontinue this Website at any time and for any reason or no reason, without notice. The Website or Service may be unavailable from time to time due to maintenance or malfunction of computer or network equipment or other reasons. CCM may periodically add or update the information and materials on this Website without notice.
Security. Information sent or received over the Internet is generally unsecure and CCM cannot and does not make any representation or warranty concerning security of any communication to or from the Website or any representation or warranty regarding the interception by third parties of personal or other information. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and you are responsible for any activities or actions under your password. You agree to keep your password secure. CCM will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
If you have any questions about these Terms or if you wish to make any complaint or claim with respect to the CCM Website or Service, please contact us.